Monday 20 February 2023

How good are you at managing energy?

 How good are you at managing energy?   

(Execution Excellence -"Ability to get things done" Series)


Last week, we discussed the importance of managing energy at the self-level to get things done from others in a professional environment.

I came across a checklist devised by Tony Schwartz, the Author of the book " The power of full engagement," which broadly indicates our energy management level.

This checklist may help assess our energy management level on a day-to-day basis.
 

Please Tick the statements below that are valid for you.

Body
  • I don't regularly get at least seven to eight hours of sleep, and I often wake up feeling tired.
  •  I frequently skip breakfast or settle for something that isn't nutritious.
  •  I don't work out enough.
  •  I don't take regular breaks during the day to truly renew and recharge
Emotions
  • I frequently feel irritable, impatient, or anxious at work, especially when work is demanding.
  • I don't have enough time with my family, and when I'm with them, I'm not always really with them.
  • I have too little time for the activities I most deeply enjoy.
  • I don't have time to express my appreciation to others and feel grateful for my accomplishments.
Mind
  • I have difficulty focusing on one thing at a time, and I am easily distracted during the day by email and social media / WhatsApp
  • I spend much of my day reacting to immediate crises and demands rather than focusing on activities with longer-term value.
  • I don't take enough time for reflection, strategizing, and creative thinking.
  • I work in the evenings or on weekends, and I rarely take an e-mail–free vacation.
Spirit
  • I don't spend enough time at work doing what I enjoy best.
  • There are significant gaps between what I say is most important to me and how I allocate my time and energy.
  • My decisions at work are more often influenced by external demands than by a strong, clear sense of my purpose.
  • I don't invest enough time and energy to make a positive difference to others or the world.
How is your overall energy?

Total number of statements checked: __

Guide to scores

0–3: Excellent energy management skills
4–6: Reasonable energy management skills
7–10: Significant energy management deficits
11–16: Energy management crisis
 
Having an awareness of the existing SKILL LEVEL in managing energy level,we can talk about the practical ways to improve energy management in all aspects in the next week.
 
Have a great week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment